• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Steering Issue

Lately my truck has been hard to steer at low speeds. I notice it happens more once the truck is at operating temperature. There is no issue with the brakes though.

I have checked all ball joints and tie rod ends. They're good and tight. Fluid level is full in the reservoir. I do have some slack in steering box. Steering wheel slack is about 11 to 1 o'clock. I got under the truck and took a look around and found a leak between the vacuum pump and steering reservoir.

Where should I start from here? I have heard that some slack in steering box is normal? I would assume my vacuum pump needs rebuilt. How can I diagnose a bad steering pump/reservoir? Are they rebuild able or just need to replace it?

Best place to buy a vacuum pump rebuilt kit? Any write up's on the removal and rebuild process?

Thanks a bunch.

post-2118-0-10437300-1398395302_thumb.jp