• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Weekend of Ice Fishing

Hawkez

I spent the weekend with my oldest son and other extended family members ice fishing in central Utah.  Despite the abnormally warm weather, we were able to get out on the ice.  Saturday, the temps were in the low 60's, certainly odd sitting on the ice in those temps.  The fishing was as great as we had ever experienced with each of us catching around 70 trout for the weekend.  The winner was my 13 year-old nephew and his 25" Laker.  It was his biggest fish and he couldn't have been happier.

Here is a picture of my boy and a rainbow that he caught yesterday morning.  The wind was keeping the temperatures a little cooler that Saturday.

post-1984-0-91437100-1424192607_thumb.jp

Here is my nephew's Lake Trout.

post-1984-0-42986300-1424192711_thumb.jp

Saturday we had some excitement.  As I said, our temps have been well above average.  Normally, this lake will have more than 20" of ice,  and right now it is about 8".  As we were walking back a buddy of mine went through and took a swim.  Now, we got him out and everyone got off safe...and it is nice to be able to look back at it and have a laugh.  I think his last words before breaking through were, "if it will hold me, it will hold anyone."  As I said, the lake was safe for fishing and ATVs, but we had to cross a pressure ridge that was pretty soft.  This trip will certainly remain in all of our memories. 

• Like 1