• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Had a booboo while trying to adjust my kick down cable

Went to adjust my kick down cable and add I was removing it from the housing I forgot to reinstall the clip. So as I was pulling the cable out the plastic cover that holds the cable popped out.

Well I got it back together but now it needs adjusted because when I come to almost a stop my trans doesn't shift into first unless I give it some fuel.

My concern is which way I need to move the cable. Do I move it back towards the firewall or keep pulling it forward?

What started this is the fact that sometimes under wot it wouldn't shift it would max Rev and then defuel and sometimes while passing it would downshift and not upshift.

Now while driving normal or letting of just a little bit it shifts fine.

Anyone have any suggestions?