• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

tool box for 2001 ram 2500

orscheln's farm and ranch store has slim line delta diamond plated tool boxes for $219.:thumbup2:

Yep that's where I got mine from. I went with the low profile, Black diamond plate box. Works really well, the only thing I don't like is the latches and the fact they face down so you have to lift up to open the box. Kinda a pain on my truck but it works. Have another one on my '75 Chevy that is many years old and is silver diamond, normal height, and it still works. The lid is kinda funky as the driver side won't latch, but that is probably b/c of me and others sitting on it A LOT!!!!!:thumbup2:

Here you can see it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

schweet - thats perfect - are these key lockable ? They only say latch lock - and I can't tell by the pics.I wanna store by truck gear in there - tools etc so I can stop trashing my back seat and running out of room in my RV. Nothing hugely expensive but would prefer them to be lockable from stupid kids etc where they have to make a little noise to get into it.:thumbup2:

schweet - thats perfect - are these key lockable ? They only say latch lock - and I can't tell by the pics. I wanna store by truck gear in there - tools etc so I can stop trashing my back seat and running out of room in my RV. Nothing hugely expensive but would prefer them to be lockable from stupid kids etc where they have to make a little noise to get into it. :thumbup2:

Yes sir they are! I keep oils, fluids, some tools, jack, jumper cables, ect in it at all times! It seems to close really nicely too!!:thumbup2:

There are often REALLY good deals on craigslist if you don't mind a toolbox that's been used. My truck came with one sliding around in the bed, just needed to be remounted. Had to pay ~$10 for a replacement set of keys to lock and unlock. Gas cylinders were shot, but it stays open while resting on the back of the cab. Good luck!