• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

So, I blew a wheel bearing apart driving down the road a few weeks back. I tore my front end apart because I figured why not rebuild it all now. I had a loose ball joint, needed brakes and u joints. I found my front pinion has a lot of play in it, up and down and in and out. I dropped the diff cover and the gears seem okay but the pinion just floats around. I bought a rebuilt kit (Axle shaft seals, bearings and shim kits, pinion seal), but Ive never torn into a differential this far. Seeing as my pinion is free to play move around, I'm assuming that the shims that are left are probably not gonna measure out right.

Does anyone know a good starting point for shims? Whats a good starting point for torque on the the pinion nut (when spinning it)? Any other tips for me too would be greatly appreceated.

Thanks, Mick