• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2nd gen ram 1500?

I'm considering getting a 2nd gen ram 1500 (gas engine) to haul stuff for my family because we don't have a utility vehicle. What I'm wondering is what is the coat going to be like? I've seen scattered review of people complaining about the axel problems and reliability problems? Is this a good idea to buy one or should I stay away?tweakbox appvalley https://vlc.onl/

Edited by thorcaption5

There alot of good ones out there. They all have there issues when new. Now the youngest 2nd gen is 19 years old. If they have been kept up with and not abused they can still be good trucks just like any of the other 19 year old trucks. Buying a used vehicle can be a crap shoot.

My 02 with 500k is ruuning as good as ever but I have to keep up with it. Of course the Cummins helps.