• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hydro boost

I have a 2001 ram 3500 the hydro boost went out so I replaced the brake booster, and power steering pump. When I reinstalled the brake booster I bled everything and once I pushed the brake pedal it went to the floor, made a popping sound, stuck to the floor and drained all the fluid out of the weep hole. I have repeated this process 3 times with 2 different boosters and resealed one. I have absolutely no idea what’s going on or what I’m doing wrong. 

Taking some things for granted (the pressure side is connected correctly and not swapped with the return)

It sounds like your input rod is too long, or the rear cover was removed and not reassembled properly, so the actuation lever is not in the correct position.  (never take for granted the input rod is the correct length out of the box!!!!!)

image.png.1c76975944293320b0be987c7e563e07.png

to determine if it is the input rod length, install it without connecting the input rod to the brake pedal.  start the truck.  The hydroboost should not go to full apply on its own.  You can try to push the input rod to see if it actuates and moves properly when not connected to the brake pedal.

GL

Hag