• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Years ago I bought a brand new flat bed trailer, 5k axles, 18' long for $2500.  I can't even find one used for that price now.  The same trailer new will cost me $3500-$4k now and even used is still commanding that price if you can even find one.  I am in need of a new flat bed as the one I share with my BIL is going to NY with him.  I have about $3k but it looks as though I will be getting a 7k trailer instead of 10k.  I rarely haul anything that heavy anymore but I still like the thought of having more capacity than needed.  Any recommendations for trailer sales in my area, I should be out shopping in a week or two. 

• Staff
On 5/21/2020 at 3:19 PM, Sycostang67 said:

Years ago I bought a brand new flat bed trailer, 5k axles, 18' long for $2500. 

Ya, and I paid $33,000 for my first house in California.  I've been looking and they are all $500,000 plus now.  Go figure. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well I got lucky, the place my sister ended up buying in New York only had 2 acres.  Her husband felt that wasn't enough property to justify the size of the tractor they had so he sold it and I bought him out of the trailer before they left.  My only gripe is that it's a dove tail, would rather have a flat deck but at least it's a 10k trailer.  Already putting it to use though.

forklift haul.jpg

ford haul.jpg

Edited by Sycostang67
  • Like 2