• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tow mirror wiring install

I just recently installed tow mirrors on my truck and wanted to share info I had found as I had pinched a few wires on my driver side mirror. The instructions with my tow mirrors didn’t even mention wiring. I thought I had them routed as optimal as possible but nope. Anyways, below are some pictures and a video of wire routing. These aren’t mine but it is how I routed mine after fixing my pinched wires. 

1F491DD8-E9F8-45DF-831E-B1BC34E4BE59.png

32DFF0CC-2B9A-4065-8A7C-8AD11D7DE746.png

Edited by Red Rambler

3 hours ago, Joe_Pool said:

If you notice, there is a small hollow boss by your middle finger tip.  My mirrors had a plastic "rivet" with a large flat head there to keep the wires in the channel.  I guess they saved $0.01 by not supplying the retainer!

Agreed! These are not my exact  mirrors/photos but same design. Mine did not include the retainer you speak of. Lesson learned for sure. My intent is for someone needed a bit of help sees this prior to pinching their wires like I did. The install is easy but if you gotta do it twice it’s not as fun. Here are the mirrors I went with. 

F267ABAD-951D-4452-86CC-A4D7A4C09C06.jpeg

6EEB8E4D-5A37-4C80-AB92-FBB2C4F67619.jpeg