• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see you are lurking about reading the forums and article databases. We happen to be one of the most friendliest Cummins support website on the planet. Come on and register and grab a inexpensive subscription plan. With that you can unlock even more for you. Technical support either by public forum, private support ticket, and even unlock phone support by Mopar1973Man. Mopar1973Man.Com will remain FREE to read forever!

I just recently installed tow mirrors on my truck and wanted to share info I had found as I had pinched a few wires on my driver side mirror. The instructions with my tow mirrors didn’t even mention wiring. I thought I had them routed as optimal as possible but nope. Anyways, below are some pictures and a video of wire routing. These aren’t mine but it is how I routed mine after fixing my pinched wires. 

1F491DD8-E9F8-45DF-831E-B1BC34E4BE59.png

32DFF0CC-2B9A-4065-8A7C-8AD11D7DE746.png

Edited by Red Rambler

If you notice, there is a small hollow boss by your middle finger tip.  My mirrors had a plastic "rivet" with a large flat head there to keep the wires in the channel.  I guess they saved $0.01 by not supplying the retainer!

3 hours ago, Joe_Pool said:

If you notice, there is a small hollow boss by your middle finger tip.  My mirrors had a plastic "rivet" with a large flat head there to keep the wires in the channel.  I guess they saved $0.01 by not supplying the retainer!

Agreed! These are not my exact  mirrors/photos but same design. Mine did not include the retainer you speak of. Lesson learned for sure. My intent is for someone needed a bit of help sees this prior to pinching their wires like I did. The install is easy but if you gotta do it twice it’s not as fun. Here are the mirrors I went with. 

F267ABAD-951D-4452-86CC-A4D7A4C09C06.jpeg

6EEB8E4D-5A37-4C80-AB92-FBB2C4F67619.jpeg