• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

5.9 QSB leaking fuel around injector lines/head.

JasonC100

Hi there, I’m new to your site and thank you for having me. We have a 5.9 QSB, 24 valve with VP44 in our skidder. Around 9800 hrs. Machine starts really good cold and hot. But, in the mornings, especially now they are getting colder, machine still starts good but when we start to drive it misses and farts (like running out of fuel) For 15 mins or so. There is fuel on top of inlet manifold coming out where injector lines screw into the head. So, we figured we would replace the injector lines. Still same things happening and leaking fuel. Out the same place. Could it be the tubes causing this problem? If so can we take out the tubes to inspect and clean with out taking out the injectors, etc? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

If its set up the same as in my truck and your skidder I would pull the injector tubes and check the orings on them. If the injectors have never been changed it could be them too or the tubes themselves. Typically we see out sequence injector change or bad orings on the tubes causing leaks. And sometimes the tubes.