• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Danin/Pricol Gauges

• Owner

There is several ways of getting a boost gauge hooked up. I took the easiest way. I got a 3/4" to 1/2" steel bushing. Then used a 1/2" to 1/8" brass bushing. There is a pipe plug right next to the fuel filter. There is several stories about how to do you pyrometer probe. I'm going to explain my method. I center punched the manifold on the rear port where I wanted to drill my hole. I greased my drill bit and drilled slowly with a shop vacuum next to the bit. After drilling I used both a magnetic screwdriver and a Q-tip to pick up any metal chips. Then I greased my tap and tapped my hole. I checked the manifold again in the same way as above. Then install your probe as directed by the manufacture. Fuel pressure gauge was installed using a tapped banjo bolt. As you can see in the lower picture this is the hardware I used to plumb the fuel pressure gauge. There is NO ISOLATOR in my system. But I do have a needle valve to shutdown the fuel flow if a leak occurs. Needle valve $8.00 at NAPA Weatherhead (WH6820) If you get the Cummins Campaign Pump you will get a free banjo bolt... UPDATED! Since I upgraded my fuel lines to Vulcan Big Line Kit. The kit comes with a 1/8" NPT port for tapping for a test port or fuel pressure gauge. In this picture you see the needle valve and pressure switch for a low pressure light. You might be asking what did I pay for my gauges. I paid $309.00 for the 3 gauges, the a-pillar pod, and a can of grey paint. I purchased it through. Diesel Performance Parts Inc. As for the needle valve I got that at my local NAPA store for $8.00. The part number is a Weatherhead part (WH6820) As For the nylon tubing. I got that at my local autozone store for $10.00 a set. Just look for oil pressure gauge plumbing kits. Low pressure switch and tapped banjo bolt came with my Carter Campaign pump. (4090046) $50.00 Boost gauge connection is going to require a bushing 3/4" NPT to 1/2" NPT also a brass bushing 1/2" NPT to 1/8" NPT. The steel bushing I got at my local hardware store for $2.29 and the brass bushing I pulled from the oil pressure plumbing kit. http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/personal/2002/gauges/gauges.htm