• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I've got a question about the 4th Gen Ram 1500's front differential options

Rebeka

My coworker recently blew the front diff in his '11 Laramie Longhorn, out of warranty. So he finds one from a 2010 1500 Sport, drives 4 hours each way and spends $500 on it. Dropped it off at the transmission shop and turns out it is completely different. He ended up finding the correct one and got it fixed, but now the seller won't return his emails/calls so he wants to sell it but needs to know what trucks it'll fit to prevent the same mixup.

Here's a pic of both of them.

The one on the left is from the 2010 Sport, right is from his '11 Longhorn. My '11 Sport has the same as his. All are 3.55's.

Can someone tell me what changed and when? Vacuum vs electronic controlled or is there more? I know the actuator is different, as well as the cover, and the input shaft is different as well. I'm familiar with the straight axle rams but the IFS is something I've only dealt with since I bought my truck in July. Thanks!

12 hours ago, Rebeka said:

My coworker recently blew the front diff in his '11 Laramie Longhorn, out of warranty. So he finds one from a 2010 1500 Sport, drives 4 hours each way and spends $500 on it. Dropped it off at the transmission shop and turns out it is completely different. He ended up finding the correct one and got it fixed, but now the seller won't return his emails/calls so he wants to sell it but needs to know what trucks it'll fit to prevent the same mixup.

https://mobdro.bio/ https://kodi.bio/

The one on the left is from the 2010 Sport, right is from his '11 Longhorn. My '11 Sport has the same as his. All are 3.55's.

Can someone tell me what changed and when? Vacuum vs electronic controlled or is there more? I know the actuator is different, as well as the cover, and the input shaft is different as well. I'm familiar with the straight axle rams but the IFS is something I've only dealt with since I bought my truck in July. Thanks!

I got it solved,....