• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Okay I’ll admit it I need assistance. Post WT mod issues.

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

Glad you got that figured out, what a mess. I see this alot in all the heavy equipment (JD)I work on, atrocious. Welcome to the site.

Speaking of lugs, I think I have to much, looks cluttered, on my posts. Been thinking about a buss bar or something to distribute wiring, mainly on drivers side, so it looks cleaner and overall better connection. 

I seen some things too that I'm sure you fixed, Great job overall!

However your last picture shows a wire piercing connection on the brown to black wire, not a huge fan of those, too many negatives about those and never suggest them. :2cents:

Yes that was not my doing that was the wire tap I was talking About in my post which seems to have been done to correct the grounding issue inside the ecm and keeps the truck from idling at WOT.

2 hours ago, Tractorman said:

I agree.  Guaranteed to cause you grief down the road.  The connector damages the wire being connected into (usually breaking one or two strands) and exposes both wires to the elements which allows for further corrosion and high resistance.  These trucks came with enough electrical challenges  - no need to add more.

- John

I agree they are not great for the wire and it is not going back on. I’m doing a splice off that wire to ground until I can get the ecm repaired.

• Like 1