We have detected that you are blocking our advertisers. We pay our operational bills with advertising and donations. Please add Mopar1973Man.Com to your whitelist of sites on your adblocker. If you register as a member and submit a donation to the website, the advertising amount is reduced the more you donate. 

whitelist.png

This will allow you to keep you adblocker turned on for other sites and allow to display advertising here. Thank you, for understanding and whitelisting Mopar1973Man.Com. This will allow us to continue providing quality Cummins diesel information to everyone for free!

• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
capj

Lift Pump Questions??????

My Lift Pump [Fuel Pump/Supply Pump, what ever you want to call it] is leaking and must be replaced. I have a few questions I shall ask below.... any help is appreciated as always.

First off my truck is a 1993 with a CTD. VE IP that I suspect was turned up slightly before I got it. Otherwise pretty much stock. WOT NO LOAD is..... 2725 RPM.

I got a Airtex #1407 Lift Pump from Advance Auto Parts today. Is this pump OK, or do I need to get another kind??

Does the VE IP need a certain fuel pressure supplied to it??? Or is that just the later model trucks and IP's???

Also, the supply line to the Lift Pump looks like it has a "quick connect" or something????? How is that disconnected? I don't want to screw it up.

Does this engine have a 'push rod' that activates the pump?

Anything else I need to know????

Thanks in advance guys........... :thumbup2:

According to this site it can be used, same engine and everything so I don't see why it wouldn't work: http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?32-FAQ-Commonly-Asked-Questions-4BT-Files-Pics-Links-PART-s-BOOKMARK-THIS-THREAD I think the connector you are looking at is just a fancy compression fitting. It basically goes on just like the injector line nuts. Let me find some pics that you can say yay or nay to on how it looks. Yes the engine has a cam lobe that pushes on that lift pump "pumping" it. Do the fittings look like the ones in the pic? They are the fancy compression ones.. just unscrew them all the way then the line pops out.

post-45-138698171284_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nope, the supply line fitting that feeds the lift pump is nothing like that.

The fuel out line to the IP is just a standard compression fitting, but not the line feeding the lift pump? :shrug:

--- Update to the previous post...

I think I found it. It looks more like the disconnect shown in the picture on page 4 of this link..... http://www.genosgarage.com/GenosGarageTechArticles/TDRGuide_FuelTransferPump.pdf

I knew I had seen that before, been sitting here :banghead: My fuel tank lines are the same connector (on the top of that big white thing in the tank). You just pinch those things just like it says to do in the pic.

• Like 1

Yeah you just squeeze the plastic tabs together and pull the line and it comes right off. You shouldn't have to pull with any tension, it just unlocks and the line comes off.

Thanks ISX, I was just trying to make sure so I didn't screw something up. :thumbup2: