• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Throttle position Sensor

I am new to the site and new to Cummins, doing lots of reading and research, I am considering replacing the TPS with a potentiometer. Has any one done this, does it work as it is billed on some of the other sites? Now for the really dumb question, yes I am fully prepared to ask DUMB QUESTIONS; where is the thing? Is there a pic out there, maybe?

I think theres a few auto guys around here that can help you. I have never seen an auto 12V personally. My book shows the TPS as being right on the side of the injection pump, the front portion of it. You will see a bunch of cables and springs.. Not sure on the potentiometer, sounds like it would work but know nothing about how it works on these trucks. Ask all the questions you want, we encourage it here. The dumb questions are the ones you already know the answers to, which neither of us did so they must not be dumb :lol::thumbup2: