• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My stalling issue is back

Posted Image

O.K. I TO had been struggling with this stalling issue..but.. about 2-months ago i thought i had fixed it buy replacing some ground connections and a TIMBP APPPS...Wrong....yestarday it done it again..thing is..it is random..and unlike SASQCH & JOHNFAK ..MINE does not seem to do it when it cold...only does it after its warmed up and has been ran a few miles...mine too will pull down rpms real low at times but does not stall but it almost does..:banghead:

I am curious..has anyone had this issue that is running stock injectors and stock SO VP pump???

Richie

Posted Image

O.K. I TO had been struggling with this stalling issue..but.. about 2-months ago i thought i had fixed it buy replacing some ground connections and a TIMBP APPPS...Wrong....yestarday it done it again..thing is..it is random..and unlike SASQCH & JOHNFAK ..MINE does not seem to do it when it cold...only does it after its warmed up and has been ran a few miles...mine too will pull down rpms real low at times but does not stall but it almost does..:banghead:

I am curious..has anyone had this issue that is running stock injectors and stock SO VP pump???

Richie

Yes - I have taken my RV275's out and have a stock SO vp44.

Only stalls under COLDER temperatures though - less than 50.

This issue "sounds" slightly different ...... given it stalls after you have been up and running ......

had your alternator checked ?

Posted Image

Richie

Couple of questions for you:

Does the out side air temp seem to have anything to do with it? In other words does it only seem to stall when it's colder out side or when it's warmer outside.

Have you cleaned or replaced the IAT sensor? The information it sends the ECM determines which how much fuel gets added to compensate for cold intake air.

Have you checked the connectors to the cam sensor? Your truck don't have a crank sensor so the cam sensor is used to tell the ECM how the truck is running? I'm thinking maybe a bad connection from the sensor.

The other thing to consider is maybe the IAT sensor itself has developed a heat sensitive open condition causing the problem. I've seen this happen to the coil on some of the old gas v8 engines that had a single coil and distributor ignition.

Just some thoughts on possible causes to your issue.

Jim

• Like 1

Couple of questions for you:

Does the out side air temp seem to have anything to do with it? No..In other words does it only seem to stall when it's colder out side or when it's warmer outside?.. no.. it is solely related to the engine/ temp.. when engine is cold it will not stall..period after it warms up .say driving into town or around 5-miles and park and shift to D it does it but will no stall every time very random but times it will go so low you think it has stalled and then it idles back up:cookoo::ahhh:

Have you cleaned or replaced the IAT sensor? The information it sends the ECM determines which how much fuel gets added to compensate for cold intake air. Well i pulled both IAT & MAP out and both were totally clean absolutely nothing on them..still wiped over them and put back in..The MAP was replaced about 2-yrs. ago

Have you checked the connectors to the cam sensor? YES.. Your truck don't have a crank sensor so the cam sensor is used to tell the ECM how the truck is running? I'm thinking maybe a bad connection from the sensor. I've removed it and checked 2-times and it looks like new, even replaced the cam sensor..still no change

The other thing to consider is maybe the IAT sensor itself has developed a heat sensitive open condition causing the problem. I've seen this happen to the coil on some of the old gas v8 engines that had a single coil and distributor ignition.

Just some thoughts on possible causes to your issue.

Jim

Richie