• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Im a New B . . .

1st I would like to say that i love the web site and have caught the craze for running 2 cycle oil in diesel fuel. I have a 03 dodge cummins that I bought 11 months ago with 66,000 miles on it and and today i have 106,000 on it . I got into useing 2 cycle oil in the fuel roughly 6 tanks ago maby a little more and have had good results, The bigest thing i notice is that it runs quieter but allso too my MPG has gone up. When i fill up on empty it takes 30 gallons so I guess i have a 34 gallon tank, to that 34 gallons i have been puting 2 quarts of Amsoil HP Injector 2 cycle oil http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/hpi.aspx . Im not an expert on fiquing the ratios so i looked up a 2 cycle oil ratio calculator on line and it tells me that to 34 gallons of fuel adding 64 oz. of oil gives me a 68:1 ratio. Thats probly alot, haha... :confused: I know most of yall recomend one ounce to a gallon with dyno and even less with synthetic, but price set aside im not really worried about the cost effectiveness of it i just want to know if i am doing my truck any good by running a thicker mix. Ive read that cummins says up to 5% is okay witch if my math serves me correctly would be 1.7 gallons of oil to a tank. .. If anyone could give me info on this i would much apreciate it! What are the pros and cons to running a heaver or lighter mix? Many Thanks - Caleb :cheers

• Owner

That why the limitiation was setup. Because once you go to far the burn characteristic change considerably. Hence a change in power and MPG. I've got some people using 2 cycle oil to add lubricity back to fuels like JET-A and others that need it and they are between 1/2 gallon to 1 gallon of 2 cycle oil per tank. But since in there case they are getting the fuel for cheap rate it offset the cost of 2 cycle oil. As for myself I spend $64 bucks a year on 2 cycle oil for 20K miles basically. (128:1 Ratio) ;)