• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  

1997 exhaust question

Hi, I have a 97 4x4 club cab, 5 speed. I found a "cat back" 4" exhaust on Craigslist for $50.00. I'm trying to determine if the stock downpipe is worth the cost to replace (seems it's about 75-125) also. I believe it's 3.5" from the turbo down to the bend under the passenger seat (correct?). The truck is stock (and will stay stock) except for BHAF. I'm looking to make the motor exhale better, but not sure that the difference in the downpipe will be worth the cost. I occasionally haul a trailer (4.5 to 9 k) but the motor never gets hot, nor do I push it. What do you think? I'm also making the "cat " either go away or be just a hollow shell. I would appreciate input please....Thanks,paul

Yes put 4" down pipe and then run straight it is worth it. But I really dont think you will stop there. That's what I said and now look at sig. LOL

I bought a SS e-bay system... turbo back... the lesser grade of SS. The "muffler" is straight through with just some louvers cut in so no hassle with inspection. I am not sorry at all. Even though I do not intend to mod the truck, hopefully this will not rust out like the stock system. The truck was never quiet but is a bit louder under power. I picked up slightly on mpg. Russ