• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Shuttle shift fix = new solenoid

I have what I believe is the "shuttle shift" in the lower gears. More noticeable when the tranny is cold and when putt putting around town. I ordered a new solenoid and filter from transmissionpartsusa.com. I got what I believe is not the BW part everyone on the "other forum" is ranting and raving about but I'm good with it. My local transtar dealer wanted $80 for the bw part, found it online for 65 and I paid 40 for what appears to be the oem unit. I'm told my pan gasket is reusable and that I'll need about 7 quarts of ATF+4 to top the tranny off when finished. Am I missing anything? Also, I have access the torque wrench needed for the band adjustment. As read countless posts of people screwing their trannys up adjusting bands should I just leave it be? I'm sure most is due to "operator error" and I'm confident I could do it without making a mistake but I've never felt a slip, even when towing my behemoth. Truck has 85k on it.

I have what I believe is the "shuttle shift" in the lower gears. More noticeable when the tranny is cold and when putt putting around town. I ordered a new solenoid and filter from transmissionpartsusa.com. I got what I believe is not the BW part everyone on the "other forum" is ranting and raving about but I'm good with it. My local transtar dealer wanted $80 for the bw part, found it online for 65 and I paid 40 for what appears to be the oem unit. I'm told my pan gasket is reusable and that I'll need about 7 quarts of ATF+4 to top the tranny off when finished. Am I missing anything? Also, I have access the torque wrench needed for the band adjustment. As read countless posts of people screwing their trannys up adjusting bands should I just leave it be? I'm sure most is due to "operator error" and I'm confident I could do it without making a mistake but I've never felt a slip, even when towing my behemoth. Truck has 85k on it.

No advice? What if I say I plan on using Autozone brand ATF+4........oh yeah, I said it....:hyper:

Sounds like you are on the right track. Next would be the in line noise filters and a TIMBO apps. What is the "BW" part your referring to? OH yeah please fill in you sig so we know what year/ description vehicle we are helping you diagnos.

Sorry, It's filled in. Borg Warner makes a replacement governor pressure solenoid. A new solenoid is supposed to cure the 48re 1-2,2-3 shuttle shift. Don't need the BW solenoid to cure the problem, an OEM will too, it's just supposed to be a better solenoid. What is a "in line noise filter and Timbo Apps? Is that a 47re thing?