• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck Missfire

Here latley When I go to start my truck in cranks then misses but then fires right up and runs fine all in one turn on the key....Say i drive home trun truck off wait 10 mins it will fire right back up....But say I wait hour or longer and come out and try and start it will miss crank miss but then fire right up...I am driving in 06 with aftermarket S&B intake...and straight pipe exhaust...just tripped 29,000 miles...Any ideas?...my guess in air in fuel lines? or injector ??? any help would be great thanks!

• Owner

Ok... With the 3rd gens... Air in the fuel (bubbles) - Might cause missing...leaky injector(s) - This will make it difficult to start sometimes...Weak lift pump pressure - Could cause a problem...The biggest problem with 3rd Gen trucks is the expensive injectors (about $2,000) and getting a good quality filter (2 micron) to protect them...

That would be since...it really didnt start doing it tell after the dealer serviced my truck and all that good stuff...they warreny all thier work and truck is still under warrenty so thats where I am takin it to..thanks for the help!