• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

RS9000XL shocks with ride controller on 8600 / 8800 lb 4x4

Was looking at my Dana part numbers for upcoming gear change when I noticed my old stock shocks are shot. Wondering if anyone with an 8600 / 8800 lb cap 4x4 extended cab has tried this and if so, are these worth the money? I would really like to hear from someone with the remote control wireless unit.

Thanks for the input JOHNFAK. Judging by the response I have gotten so far, I guess nobody on this forum is running these. I've heard that the Bilsteins are a bit stiff, but in general are great shocks - otherwise Carli / Kore / Lorenz would not be using them on their starter suspension kits, so I am wondering what you don't like about the Bilsteins that would make you want to try the Rancho's? Do you have the Bilstein 5100's? Are you in a 4x4 8800 lb GVWR diesel? I know why I am thinking about choosing these shocks: nobody else is offering a 90 day money back guarantee for parts and labor (up to $50 per pair of installed shocks) if you don't like them for any reason. If anybody has had any of the 9000 series Ranchos, please chime. I am interested in any pros or cons you have had with them.

I recently installed the Rancho RS9000XL shocks (2/11) to replace the pro-comp 9000's that I was running. I purchased the RS9000XL because of their adjustability feature. I carry a 8'11" slide in camper some of the time and wanted the biggest dia shock (piston size) I could fit on the truck for as much damping control as I could get but yet had the option to soften up the ride when I wasn't carrying the camper. The decision was made easier because I caught the shocks on sale and a Rancho promotion gave me the remote control unit for free. Just back from a 6000 mile road trip and liked the bounce control that the new shocks gave over the pro-comp that I had before. RS9000XL also have lifetime warranty (as do many other manufacturers). With my somewhat limited use (all on the highway), I am happy with these shocks so far. I also use this truck off road so I have yet to see how they perform there but I have no reason to doubt them. Hunting season this fall will be the test for off-road use.