• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Troubleshooting Dead End on Dead Pedal (part deuce)

Hey ya'll,i am back with an update.:banghead: So after a year of having no symptoms since 1/28/11, i am having symptoms again. Not really sure what is going on. I have not gone thru any of the routine troubleshooting steps just yet. I am back for some more schooling!!!!

So now the situation is that i am having dead pedal above 70 MPH. I can punch the gas on the highway, tranny goes thru its automatic gear shifts, than if i try to accelerate above 70, nothing.:wtf:

--- Update to the previous post...

please read other thread!

YES, batteries should be replaced in pairs... check your connections at the batteries & the lugs that attach to the cable ends... also the protected disconnects about 6" from the batteries. The OEM lift pump gets power on one side & grounds to the other... so both batteries and cross over wiring must be perfect. My lift pump stopped working... dealer diagnosed it as 0 fuel pressure & offered new lift pump ($1200) as a repair. I had the truck flatbedded to a real diesel shop who found bad connections... repaired & restarted with the OEM lift pump. I went on to replace the troublesome OEM lift pump with an AirDog. NOW I have good fuel pressure!Originally it was thought that 5 psi fuel pressure was adequate... the VP44 has proved fragile & it is now understood that much more fuel pressure is required to prolong the life of the VP44 IP.

• 6 months later...