• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Before you replace a non-functioning blender door motor/actuator!!!!

:hyper:The gear housing is just clipped together, seperate the 2 halves. Look at the orientation of the motor assembly and the remove it. My motor was "stuck". I broke it free and exercised it by hand; reassembled and I now have heat control again without spending $135!!!! :hyper: Sorry; I neglected to take pictures

• Like 1

The blend door motor is generally a PITA to get down (in the passengers foot well. I had to fold back the run & carve a chunk out of the think rubber mat. It's not anywhere your feet go, so no problem. Most often the failure is the fragile little plastic connector. One must reorientate the drive (mark the motor as it IS reversible but will not operate correctly.) If one wipes off the grease on the gears, you can find a molding mark on the bottom gear, set it to the edge of the gear above & reassemble. In the next cycles, the electronics learn the range of travel. A SS connector is available from www.heatertreater.net I have had some luck with machining a snug collar to press onto plastic parts that crack... after glueing, the collar is pressed on & prevents the plastic from spreading so the part contues to function IF there is room for the collar. A previous thread on this topic: http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/943-Blend-door-fix-and-pointers.?highlight=treater+heater

My problem was not the fix described in the referenced post, mine was the motor did not operate. I did use the heater-treater kit for my ford ranger and it worked well

I understood that your problem was different. The removal, reindexing of the gears & reinstallation is the same. The unmarked motor getting accidentally mis-orentated inside the case is easy to do. While the unit is out, checking the coupler is just a smart thing to do. Glad it worked out for you & thanks for sharing.