• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

gas stablizers

Who long are they good for?I have a 2yr old tank of gas in my charger (440). I filled the tank and treated it with a gas stabilizer when i put her into storage.Do you think I'll be fine to run the tank out or should I drain it and burn it in my old 318?

• Owner

LOL Don't sweat it...I've got a old Dodge magnum XE that been sitting over 10 year with better than a half tank of fuel and it fired up without a problem and I never treated the fuel with any kind of stabilizer. The most you might find out you got to do is take the carb off and clean it up and you good to go. If the tank has room I would drop in a tank of high octane fuel over the top ot boost it back up.