• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Recommendation on ball joints

Well jacking my truck up and doing a check it would seem the ball joints on my passenger side are about shot. Not to mention how my steering is starting to pull to the left pretty bad. I figure with all the miles this thing has on the clock its about time to give the front end a good go through. So while I am going to give everything a good check I am wondering what brands people recommend on these trucks? I have used Moog in the past on passenger cars for idler arms, ball joints, tie-rods, etc. Heck I even used the el cheapo Duralast ball joints in a Mustang 5.0 and they seemed to hold up fine but then again that car didn't deal with near the amount of weight and abuse the truck does. Any suggestions?

I went with Moog. The cheapest price I found was at Amazon.com, but it was hard to determine which ones I needed from their website. Go to an autoparts website to find the right ones then write down the part # to find them on Amazon. Also, If you have a 2001 model with a Dana 60 front axel, don't even bother starting the job before you get the right balljoint puller. All 4 of my joints were a bi###, to get off, even with the right puller.