• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel Site. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Cummins owners. We try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use.

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members
    • Member Garage where you can display your vehicles and modifications.
    • Download Files, documents, and tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
Sign in to follow this  
guesswho512

ring gear question

i have a D80 with 3.55 gearsi lucked into some humvee rims with beadlocks. they are 16.5x10.5 2 piece steelies. the smallest tire i can find is 33x12x16.5.i was thinking about going with a lower gear in the rear to help turn those beasts when i'm muddin(use the factories for highway). when they say "case split", what do they mean? are there 2 castings? they list some as "thin", is that what i need?thanks

Hey, Give these guys a call: http://www.zbag.com/index.php?option=co ... &Itemid=36 We've always dealt with Craig so try and talk to him. He'll tell you what you need to know!!!!! They have good prices and good quality parts. We've used them a lot on rear ends, transmissions, and transfer cases!!!! Had good luck on everything!!!! I've got a ring and pinion set, Auburn posi, and everything else for my '75 Chevy 1/2 ton; everything is working great since and the prices wasn't too bad!!!! I wouldn't think you would need lower gears for the 33" tires... :confused: the Cummins has plenty of power!!!!!! :thumbsup Good-Luck, Winslow