• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
guesswho512

ring gear question

i have a D80 with 3.55 gearsi lucked into some humvee rims with beadlocks. they are 16.5x10.5 2 piece steelies. the smallest tire i can find is 33x12x16.5.i was thinking about going with a lower gear in the rear to help turn those beasts when i'm muddin(use the factories for highway). when they say "case split", what do they mean? are there 2 castings? they list some as "thin", is that what i need?thanks

Hey, Give these guys a call: http://www.zbag.com/index.php?option=co ... &Itemid=36 We've always dealt with Craig so try and talk to him. He'll tell you what you need to know!!!!! They have good prices and good quality parts. We've used them a lot on rear ends, transmissions, and transfer cases!!!! Had good luck on everything!!!! I've got a ring and pinion set, Auburn posi, and everything else for my '75 Chevy 1/2 ton; everything is working great since and the prices wasn't too bad!!!! I wouldn't think you would need lower gears for the 33" tires... :confused: the Cummins has plenty of power!!!!!! :thumbsup Good-Luck, Winslow