• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

47re tranny problems

when I'm cruising with my cummins at a constant speed close to the range where my tranny should be shipping gear,my rpm goes up & down roughly 200 to 300.what controls the shifting is it a vaccum set up or electric?This does it any time I'm cruising in the range it should be shifting.I checked my fuel pressure it's roughly at 12 psi constant no fluctuation.I was thinking maybe a vaccum leak or low voltage.The rpm fluctuates more when shifting to overdrive and keeping a constant speed 45 mph,anything over 55 mph no fluctuation.It you keep a constant speed in the shiftihg range of any gear rpm fluctuates,worst when going to overdrive.If I'm pulling a load there is no slippage.I checked the oil level ( good) and last year changed the oil & filter,the rig as 306,000 KM.

Does the transmission's TC seems to lock, and immediately unlock and repeat? This could be a sign of a ground issue. I know I have read a similar post before. If it's locking and then, immediately unlocking, and repeating this, you may be able to fix it pretty easily.