• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

P7100 Operation, CUTAWAY!

Finally got around to doing this. Apparently youtube thinks I'm a loser now so I had to split it up. Other one is still loading but I'm leaving so it will pop up when it's done. Let me know what you guys think.

• Like 3

On the 215 pumps, are they trying to increase hp @wot, by retarding the injection timing (and putting more heat out the exhaust, increasing boost?)That notch won't increase fuel just because it's there, the bore and stroke is still the same no matter what the shape of the top of the plunger.... in fact, the total fuel when spill port is centered on that 'notch' will be less. (unless there is a equivalent 'bump' in the helix notch) Great video!:thumbup2:

On the 215 pumps, are they trying to increase hp @wot, by retarding the injection timing (and putting more heat out the exhaust, increasing boost?) That notch won't increase fuel just because it's there, the bore and stroke is still the same no matter what the shape of the top of the plunger.... in fact, the total fuel when spill port is centered on that 'notch' will be less. (unless there is a equivalent 'bump' in the helix notch) Great video!:thumbup2:

Yeah I thought about it all last night and researched some this morning and talked with AH64 about it and it seems it is there for emissions. When you retard it under high load which is when that notch gets used, it reduces cylinder pressure which reduces the NOX output. That is why the 180 pump is the diamond in the rough, biggest pump without the notches.
  • Like 1