• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Possible airdog failure

Cranked the truck up this morning. Started fine like always. Half way between home and the shop I noticed my fuel gauge showed 0. I got to the shop shut the truck off and bumped the starter and didn't hear my lift pump running. This evening I'm gonna get a mechanical test gauge to see I its the gauge but if it ain't how do I test the pump. The gauge is a isspro ev2 0-30 electric gauge. I'm thinking its my sender but don't know.

Start with the basics. First check ur fuse and your power and ground conections, after that check your relay trigger feed from the ecm and verifiy voltage with a DMM, also load test with a headlight. To test the pump unplug the connector at the pump and supply power and ground directly to it, If it runs then you need to check the circut. Pin into the harness with a DMM and read the voltage, if ur getting system voltage then load test the circut by putting a headlight across the terminals along with the DMM and read the voltage. If the voltage drops out or you have no voltage at all then you could have a bad relay, bad power or ground connection, broke wire or a loose terminal at the relay or pump plug. Look at all the terminals closely for arcing, burning, or corrosion. Hope this helps.Ps. When you supply power and ground to the pump if it does not run I would still check the circut to make sure it was not the cause of the failure.