• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rotors and Wheel Hub/Bearing change

I changed my rotors and hubs yesterday; I was metal on metal on the right. Anyway, it took me most of the day, and by the time I got to the driver's side, I forgot to take out the hub bolts and proceeded to pull the hub/rotor assembly off, and pulled the bearing apart. :nono: Good thing I had a new bearing to stick on there anyway.Finished it up this afternoon, and it's nice not hearing that scraping sound anymore and no more pulsating stops coming from warped rotors. :thumbup2:

The first time I pulled my hubs apart they also seperated. I tried everything I could to get them to come out as a unit but they were froze in there something fierce. Everyone says once that happens theyre toast, but I took them into work and pressed them both back together after cleaning them up and repacking with grease. So far so good with about 20k on the odometer since I re installed them :pray:

I bought a heavy duty puller at a pawn shop which does the trick, but with those bolts in place, that bearing is gonna come apart when you pull on the assembly. With the bolts out, the puller pulls the whole unit out as the rotors are behind the bearing/hub.