• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Just installed Edge Comp box - Got questions

I just installed the Edge Comp box last night on my 98.5 Ram. What I'm truely hopeing for is better mileage. It seems to be the only piece that I was missing that most other guy's getting great mileage seem to have.My question is this ... What setting would be best for getting the best mileage increase? Right now I have it set at level 3 with a low boost level also at 3. Where do you have your's set at?Thanks in advance !! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

According to Edge Tech's....If you looking for MPG's out of the product you must run a higher level and sub level. The main level dictates how much the total fuel and timing advancement will be. But the sub level dictates how soon you see the fuel and timing.So highier main levels will give more fuel timing...But now here is the trick...Your sublevel must be a 4 or 5... Reason being while your cruising you boost will fall back under into defuel mode and cancel out the timing and fueling. Just got to drive like a normal human and your MPG's will rise! Don't drive it like you stole it and smoke the neighborhood out...So as for me I'm running 4x4 mode and my 2 cycle oil (128:1 ratio) and getting 19-20 MPG without looking twice... :thumbsupThe sub number is how quick it will get to maximum fuel rate by boost pressure. Higher the number the less boost required to get to full fuel rate. This also might create black smoke during acceleration. But the higher the more timing and fuel comes quickier!Sub Level Fuel Rate 1 33% of Fuel is supplied until 20 PSI of Boost then 100% is supplied 2 50% of Fuel is supplied until 15 PSI of Boost then 100% is supplied 3 67% of Fuel is supplied until 10 PSI of Boost then 100% is supplied 4 adds less fuel than Sub-level 5 5 adds the most fuel at low boost Like shown here... You never get any bonuses of timing in 1-3 till you exceed the boost limit... I don't know about you but my boost is at about 2-5 PSI at 65 MPH so I've got to run 4x4 mode...Main number controls the maximum fuel rate. This it the amount of total fuel at WOT that will be used. Higher the number the more fuel at WOT. Higher levels give more MAX timing and fuel...Main Level Horse Power 1 40 2 60 3 80 4 100 5 120

Thanks for the info !!I was trying to keep my Comp box either at or below level 3 as a main setting only because I didn't want to put any excess strain on the tranny. It looks like level 2 of the main setting is the same as level 3 on their EZ box which they claim is perfectly safe. I was also told not to tow past level 2.As far as the secondary settings I wasn't really quite understanding it fully, but you did an excellent job of explaining it better. Right now I have my Edge set at level 2 main and level 3 sub. We'll see. I think after this, I'll bump up the secondary to 4 just to see what happens. After that, I'll bump the main up to level 3 with a secondary also set at 3.So on and so on ...It going to be a long haul test for sure, but hopefully I'll find that saweet spot in there somewhere that'll give me the best overall mileage.

• Owner

Ok...So run a 2x4 setting... That will limt the main fuel and timing to a safe level for the trans. But the seb level 4 will allow for full timing and fuel when you need it. Remember the main level is the limit of how much fuel and timing total you'll get... But the sub level is how fast you'll get to the max fuel timing... :coal <- Even on 2x4 you'll get a good cloud!HIDDEN SECRET - Diconnect the MAP sensor and you'll have full fuel and timing regardless of settings! It's like having a sub level 6... 8| :wow

I have a feeling already that 2x4 is going to feel better. My Ram still kinda feel like it lugs a bit off the line ( not racing, but just leaving a light or from any stop )I remember your hidden secret from before. didn't you say that it'll throw a code though.