• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

turbo, injectors, and so on

Pulling the head off my 99 24 valve. Should I just get it decked or should I do some work? Found a guy that can install a big valve kit. Pickup has 170000. Also want to do some injectors and possibly a turbo.... Any suggestions? mountain high performance- for the head workturbo?headstuds-ARPinjectors?Let me know your guys thoughts. Intend on mostly daily driver and occasional pulling a trailer.

• Owner

:think:How much HP/TQ are you planning on building?If you use the rule of thumb that for every 10 HP you need at least 1 PSI boost. So for 350 HP you could still run a stock HX35 turbo, stock head gasket, stock head bolts, any chip/enhancement box plus RV275 injectors with any head work at all. I'm right close to 400 HP now and tow quite a bit there the summer and still mostly stock on every thing but the injectors.So what your design? :shrug:

I would like to reach the 400 horse mark or a hair more. I have intake, exhaust-5in and ATS 3 piece, raptor 100, 13in upgrade ceramic Kevlar clutch.Would I be able to support 100s for injectors or what do you recommend? I am taking the head off because i have a tiny dribble of coolant directly behind no6, coming from in-between head and block. So just get it decked and valves inspected?