• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel pressure gauge port

I read that you can use the inner most 1/8" port on the top of the fuel filter canister as a tap for your mechanical FP gauge. This is the plug closest to the center nut on top. Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks. I kinda want to do away with the banjo bolts. I'm looking at a FASS banjo bolt replacement kit (BBRK-1001). I'm replacing the VP44 (got the ol' P1688 code), the lift pump with a FASS titanium 95 gph, the cam position sensor while I'm there, and adding a FP gauge with a needle valve and Mike's idea of using air brake tubing, just to keep an eye on things. Thanks again for the info.

i did like mike and kept the factory fuel filter/ water separator. the airdog 150 makes plenty of PSI that the extra filter don't lower it much if any. the extra filter cannot be a bad think, especially considering the $ of the VP44 injection pump. when i drive thru flood waters like when those tornadoes came thru, u have a light to tell u to drain the water out.:2cents:

- - - Updated - - -

plus my factory filter can has the 2 1/8" ports on the top. (some don't)

Got the FASS titanium put on today and ran the fuel line up to the fuel filter canister. Waiting on the banjo replacement kit to get here so I can put on the new VP44. Still have to get the stuff for the fuel gauge also. I had 1/2 tank of fuel, so me and the BIL took the bed off. Sure made things a lot easier to install the FASS!:hyper: So far so good. I replaced the filter in the canister not that long ago, maybe 10,000 miles. I probably ought to replace it again while I'm doing all this other stuff, huh?

Yes, replace the filter. Are you keeping the stock line between the VP and Fuel Filter?

No, the FASS BBRK-1001 kit includes fittings and 3/8" fuel line to replace the banjo bolts and fuel line from the fuel filter canister to the VP44. So, I'll have 3/8" line from the fuel tank module to the VP44, while keeping the stock filter canister for the extra filter, fuel heater and the water in fuel sensor. I'm also going to tap the top port on the filter canister with a needle valve and 1/8" air brake tubing for my mechanical fuel pressure gauge.