• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1999 Ram 2500 4X4 HELP!! Possessed Tachometer

I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 5.9 Diesel. After I drive it 8-10 miles the check engine light comes on and the tachometer bounces up and down. Sometimes it goes down to zero and stays there. Other times it responds like it's supposed to. While it does this the engine "power surges", it cuts out and loses power but doesn't die. Other times it gains power......when you get down on it sometimes the tachometer responds like it's supposed to but the vehicle doesn't gain any power, not falling on it's face but not responding. It's not the throttle postion sensor because the tachometer responds. The codes I keep getting are:

P1693

P1694

P0123

P1690

P0336

I have cleared them several times and they come back almost immediately. Idk if it has anything to do with the computer, but does it have a PCM, ECM or both?? Anyone have any ideas on why it's doing this?? I forgot to mention that I replaced the crnkshaft position sensor earlier today and it didn't change any of the trucks behaviors.

P0123 Throttle Position Sensor, High VoltageP0336 Crankshaft position sensor "A" range or performance problemP1690 Fuel I/P CKP does not agree with CKP P1693 Diagnostic Trouble Code set in Companion Module(No Worries)P1694 No CCD messages received from the ECMYou need to check the Crankshaft Position Sensor, wiring, etc. possibly need to change it out. Others will chime in.