• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Routine maintenance and results

I cleaned my IAT Sensor this morning, wasn't that dirty, and plan on doing the MAP tomorrow morning (didn't have a 1 1/16 socket). This morning I checked the resistance on the IAT sensor, at approx. 43-47 degree F. I was getting 28.60 Ohms. Interpolating from Mopar1973Man's supplied temp/ohm chart, this sounds about correct. Anyone think that's incorrect?I also put a temporary air blocker in behind the grill this afternoon, as I noticed yesterday while driving to work 60 miles at a temp of around 27 F. that my IAT from my scan gauge was around 73 F. which seems a bit low. From the reading I've done here, the higher the better (up to a certain point I'm sure). Tonight went on a little test drive at an ambient OAT (outside air temp) of around 34 F. and my IAT is around 85 F. Does this seem right, or should I still see a higher IAT, i.e. is it possible my IAT needs replaced? I'm pretty sure the IAT gauge on the scangaugeII is correct, as this morning with the truck cold it pretty much matched the ambient temp outside. Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks.

Hey,I don't have a Scan Gauge, but going from your numbers it seems okay!! The IAT went up along with the ambient temperature so that seems okay!:thumbsup:I'm just shooting in the dark as I've never monitored mine, maybe someone who knows will come along!!!:thumbsup:Later,Winslow