• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
dorkweed

Arkansas Trip

I left a week ago today for "opening weekend" of Arkansas duck hunting season. Did OK on ducks; and I wish I could've stayed longer. I waited to post about the trip to be able fill MightyWhitey up again so that I could give mileage reports for 2 tanks of fuel.Only downside to the trip was that the morning after I got home, I wake up to a flat tire on MightyWhitey!!! Driverside front. No indication of problems whilst driving home also!!! I dunno??:shrug:Anyhow; I left my house 1 week ago with about 1/4+ tank of fuel and filled up in Champaign, IL on the way down. About 180 miles to Champaign. That tank lasted me to Forrest City, AR plus a bit of running around down there, then all the back to Sikeston, MO. That was about 64x.xx miles and that tank averaged 20.8mpg.:thumb1:I fuel up this AM with 67x.xx miles on the Sikeston, MO fill up………………tank average of 21.6mpg!!!!:thumb1: Both tanks were mostly highway miles (90%) running 65mph with light winds quartering from the rear both ways!!!!! That's a rarity for me!!!!! I usually wind up driving into the wind and uphill both ways on most trips I make!!!!:bang head:I'm loving it!!!:smart::thumbup2:

Should have hollered at me while you were here. You were literally in my backyard! So no good on ducks huh? I haven't been yet but I have some family that has been and they are doing so so on ducks!

Will do!! We were hunting on Beatty Lake; just East of Crowleys Ridge North of Madison, AR.

That's about 20 miles from us. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Don't know if'n I'll get down there again for the duck season, but I'll let you know about my next trip!!