• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
AlCorr

Rebuilding a Holly Black fuel pump.

Has anyone rebuilt a Holly Black, (Blue or Red) fuel pump. Is it had to do, were to get parts, is it worth it. I was looking at a Big End Black, (I think that's what it's called) for $91 shipped to my door. Made by Holly, looks the same as a Holly Black with the same spec. Any advise?

I did not know that those are rebuildable. What kind of fuel pressures are you seeing with this pump?

On a side note; I have rebuilt carbs and one or two different type pumps. Generally easy to do

I see 19-20 psi at start-up, go's down to 17-18 psi around town, 14-16 psi on highway, it will drop as low as 10 psi under WOW or towing my trailer but only for a second or two.

Thanks... that's not bad.... my raptor 100 will drop to around 14 when I get on it hauling heavy up a hill.

if memory  serves, they had a  tiny  screen  on the input  side of the pump...  I'd  take it out  and  put in a  larger inline  screen (or two in parallel) Napa Gold  has  a  nice one #3270.

if memory  serves, they had a  tiny  screen  on the input  side of the pump...  I'd  take it out  and  put in a  larger inline  screen (or two in parallel) Napa Gold  has  a  nice one #3270.

Interesting.....and if rebuildible that's great. I'd remove the screen and add a big w/s filter prior to this pump.

Does anyone know if they are lasting any length of time?

AlCorr, I don't see the big line kit in your sig..... perhaps pressures could be even better with the big line kit and draw straw.