• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rebuilding a Holly Black fuel pump.

AlCorr

Has anyone rebuilt a Holly Black, (Blue or Red) fuel pump. Is it had to do, were to get parts, is it worth it. I was looking at a Big End Black, (I think that's what it's called) for $91 shipped to my door. Made by Holly, looks the same as a Holly Black with the same spec. Any advise?

• Staff

if memory  serves, they had a  tiny  screen  on the input  side of the pump...  I'd  take it out  and  put in a  larger inline  screen (or two in parallel) Napa Gold  has  a  nice one #3270.

Interesting.....and if rebuildible that's great. I'd remove the screen and add a big w/s filter prior to this pump.

Does anyone know if they are lasting any length of time?

AlCorr, I don't see the big line kit in your sig..... perhaps pressures could be even better with the big line kit and draw straw.