• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

24V Ppump Tps Issue

So I think I'm on the right page for my next issue...... but alay me if Im not.

2000 Dodge Ram with PPUMP and 12v throttle linkage with TPS.

Getting p0122 and p0121. 

I have 5v at the TPS on idle (outsiode wires). I need to check the center circuit for voltage there. Also through throttle range. Beyond that ????  Dont want to replace a $200 sensor for no reason ......

I started looking at this as my TC wont lockup at low throttle positions ...... and Im pretty sure its related to this ....

The center wire is the wire that the PCM monitors and has the variable voltage signal. If you check the voltages (I don't remember what the numbers should be) the throttle at idle should be the lowest and go up as more throttle is applied. This is where an analog meter is handy. The needle should travel smoothly with no jumps or spikes. If you OHM out the same two terminals the needle should move smooth too. Here is a good bit of info for you: http://dodgeram.org/tech/transmission/automatic/TPS_adjust.htm

• Like 1

Thanks Tom

Yes found 0v at idle and barely had to touch it to get to 0.5v ... adjusted linkage as best I could and now lockup under low throttle seems normal ..... have to wait a few days to be sure.

That linkage is kinda crazy how a few turns really impact voltage and transmission behavior. Should probably be added to the TC lockup thread for those that don't have AC noise.

I'm not seeing AC spikes ..... Might have to pull the fuse to be sure ..... 80% fixed for now

Edited by JOHNFAK