• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Scangauge Ii And Obd Ii Connection

My scangauge every now and then loses its connection. If I wiggle the OBDII port, the scangauge will come on and just say "Connecting..." for a while then shut back off. It is getting kind of annoying because it'll reset itself and all my settings go back to the default settings -- which makes getting real MPG numbers very difficult :banghead:

Has anyone come across this or know of any solutions?

Thanks,

Ty

Look behind the OBDII port and make sure all the wires are snapped into the connector, it is fairly common for the recepticle ends to unsnap and push out the back of the connector, just grab each individual wire and see if you can push it back in, if that doesn't work a light film of Die electric grease will help keep connections better too.