• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Now that I am retired I hope to do something like that someday. I really want to go to Alaska. I was told it was 70 hours drive time one way from my house. I do plan on using my camper a lot more though.

Now that I am retired I hope to do something like that someday. I really want to go to Alaska. I was told it was 70 hours drive time one way from my house. I do plan on using my camper a lot more though.

This is on my bucket list. A summer long trip up the AL CAN highway and tour Alaska with a small TT or 5th wheel in tow. That would be the trip of a lifetime.

Yep, it would be a loong haul for sure. And not something I would want to be under a time constraint either. Which means I will either have to wait for retirement and hope I am still in good enough health to make the trek or start playing the lottery AGGRESSIVELY. LOL

I know what you mean. I wound up retiring about 7 years earlier than planned so now I have a 1996 truck and not a bunch of hope of going a lot newer. Oh well, it is what it is. My truck is in pretty good shape for being old enough to vote so maybe I can keep it that way for a while.

I have no doubt that truck would go anywhee your heart desires Tom. Honestly with all the electronics that control the newer vehicles I wonder if they are anymore reliable than the generation of vehicles they replaced. Our Mountaineer has been at the Ford dealership 3 weeks as of yesterday, and they still can't figure out what is wrong with it. Something is throwing the traction control management system in and out, and it feels like your doing a neutral drop anytime you apply a load to the engine. They have even had engineers up from Cincinnatti. It's under warranty so it isn't my problem YET, but really makes me nervous for when the warranty does expire. I can't imagine the hours they have into diagnosing it, but that alone would probably be enough to break me.