• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Front band adjustment on 47RE

I put a new Certified Transmission in my truck. Its the Road Ripper 2000. It been running and shifting great. I finally put 10,000 miles on it.

So I decide to go ahead and drop the pan and change fluid and adjust bands. I did not do a complete flush. Just what came out of the pan. I adjusted the front and rear bands also.

After getting it put back together, I took it for a test drive. I noticed that 1 to 2 shift and the 2 to 3 shift is now delayed. When driving it will rev up to about 2400-2500 rpms and hold there for about a second-second and half, then finally shift. It did not shift this high before I did the adjustment.

On one of Michaels articles, under general transmission diagnostic, it says a delayed shift could be a front band adjustment. For the repair, it just says adjust front band.  For the front band, I went to 72 IN LBS and then backed off 1 7/8 turn.  

Which way do I adjust the screw to lower the shift point? I checked the fluid and it is spot on the full mark when warm, running and in neutral. I also looked at the shift cable at the throttle bracket. It is dead on center of the pin that the cable hooks too. I know a lot of people say to adjust the cable, but I wouldn't think I should have too since It didn't shift this high before?

Thanks,

Yes they were. I don't know what they were upgraded with but they did say both the sensor and solenoid were upgraded units to hold the line pressure better.

I'll try giving it a 1/4 turn tighter and see what it dose.

Thanks,

1/4 turn tighter= perfect!!

Thanks mopartechnician!

What are the symptoms of it being too tight? Is it normal to have to adjust a little from standard position?(72 inlbs-1 7/8 turn out)

Thanks,

Edited by kedlin88