• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Little background on the situation. Bought a 1999 2500 that was originally an automatic converted to manual, truck runs fine, but is throwing codes for not having the auto tranny plugged in.

Ive got the flash from smarty that converted the ECM to manual software but the truck is still throwing the same codes so it must be the PCM

Normally i would ignore the issue but i have to get the truck smogged (Commifornia) to complete the registration….

I know dodge no longer makes PCMs for these trucks so I figure a used working PCM is my best bet as I havent seen many great reviews from many websites selling remans. 

Will a PCM from a manual transmission truck solve my CEL issues, or will i experience difficulties  due to the ECM and PCM not being programmed to the same VIN?

P0753 and p1763. One is governor pressure sensor and the other is the trans 3-4 shift. which is due to the truck no longer having an automatic transmission, i think theres a trans temp code the scanguage isn't currently picking up as well. Not sure theres much to diagnose about the codes, as you cant fix that which isn't there. This is why I've come to the conclusion i should replace my PCM with automatic software for one from a manual.