• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tractor gelled up

dave110

. I've never had to deal with it before but we are having -0 weather here right now and I have a tractor that is gelled and snow to plow. I was wondering what your procedure is to thaw one out. I've read PS 911 helps but not sure how to do it.
Thanks
Dave

Put some power service 911 in the tank and change the fuel filters, you may have to change the filters a few times depending on how bad it is. And it really helps if you can get it inside somewhere and get some heat on it.

Edited by bjytech
  • Like 1

X2^^^

I've  put   space heaters  pointed right at the  filter too..   It's  good  until the  filters  plug again, (sometimes within  10-15 minutes)   so   the  911  comes into play..    I've  shook  goop out of the filter and  re filled with  pure 911..  Let it   'cook' a little   before   cranking ...  it does  take a little time to dissolve  the   wax.  If you got  new filters...  nevermind.

Make sure  the  little screen in the bottom of  tank is  clear as well.   More times  I've had     a blockage  there.   Easy fix:   blow  backwards  through the line to   kick the  offending  crud/ice off..  and  check your  water drain tap!!    If  full of  frozen water,  that may be  part of the  problem too.

Edited by rancherman
  • Like 2