DTC 33 - A/C Clutch Relay Control Circuit - Test FC-9A
- Using DRB-II, erase fault codes and actuate A/C clutch relay. If A/C clutch relay is not clicking, go to step 4). If A/C clutch relay is clicking, condition required to set fault is not present at this time. A/C CLUTCH RELAY CIRCUIT fault sets if relay control circuit at PCM connector terminal No. 34 does not reflect proper state. Possible causes are relay coil open or shorted, control circuit open or shorted, ignition power feed circuit to relay coil open or shorted, and failed control driver in PCM.
- Inspect wiring and connectors. Repair harness or connector as necessary. Perform TEST VER-1. If no problems were found with wiring and connectors, start actuator test using DRB-II. Wiggle harness between A/C clutch relay and PCM.
- Using DRB-II, read faults. If A/C CLUTCH RELAY CONTROL CIRCUIT fault resets, repair connector or harness where wiggling caused fault to reset. Perform TEST VER-1. If A/C CLUTCH RELAY CONTROL CIRCUIT fault does not reset, see INACTIVE FAULT CONDITION. Test is complete. Perform TEST VER-1.
- Remove A/C clutch relay and substitute a known good relay. If substitute relay is clicking, replace original relay. Perform TEST VER-1. If substitute relay is not clicking, remove substitute relay. Using DRB-II in voltmeter mode, probe A/C clutch relay connector terminal "A", ignition feed circuit (Dark Blue wire).
- If reading is 10 volts or less, repair open ignition feed circuit to low speed fan control relay. Perform TEST VER-1. If reading is more than 10 volts, turn ignition off. Disconnect PCM. Using DRB-II in ohmmeter mode, probe A/C clutch relay connector terminal "C", relay control circuit (Dark Blue/Orange wire). If resistance is less than 5 ohms, repair Dark Blue/Orange wire for a short to ground. Perform TEST VER-1.
- If resistance is 5 ohms or more, check resistance of A/C clutch relay connector, relay control circuit (Dark Blue/Orange wire) using an external ohmmeter. If resistance is 5 ohms or more, repair open Dark Blue/Orange wire. Perform TEST VER-1. If resistance is less than 5 ohms, replace PCM. Perform TEST VER-1.