• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Sons 2005 Blew a Piston

About three days ago he came by and I said to him your truck sounds like it has a miss. He said it started that a few days ago, not really a dead miss but just slight. I told him to change fuel filter, and he said it was past due. Well on the way home it got worse, so he pulls head and #4 has part of the piston cracked and missing (out the exhaust my guess) so he puts it back together and off to the dealership he go's. Well first stop they didn't like what they heard so he goes to the next, hook line and sinker they offer him 18k for it and he gripes about the electric 4x4 knob on the 2015 3/4 4x4 and how he wasn't going to pay that much for it and they cut him another 1k off the sticker. Well out the door was 34k, finally somebody I know stuck it to the dealership. lol 

• Like 3