• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Steering linkage upgrade question.

Ed's5.9

Hello, I will be swaping out my steering linkage soon and will be going with the mopar "upgrade" model that came on the newer trucks. It requires that I replace the pitman arm due to positioning and steering damper due to mounting hardware. My question is, is there some way to adapt my existing damper (3rd gen bilstein5100) so that it mounts on new linkage ? I feel like at some point I came across a post of a way to do that but I can't find anything on it now that I need it, thank you!

Yeah I noticed that their are clamps out there that I can buy and make it work but from what I have seen the dampers are not the same size the update damper needs to be longer for proper placement. So looks like I will have an extra 3rd gen 5100 steering damper ...

• 7 months later...

not too hijack but what is the current number for the upgrade? Also where did you get it?

I haven't seen an easy either to use the old style damper. I need to upgrade mine as well. I'm in the market as well to upgrade

rockauto

Part NumberPart TypePrice EACore EAQuantityTotal2010 DODGE RAM 2500 PICKUP 6.7L L6 DIESEL TurbochargedMOPAR52122362ALTie Rod End$ 291.79$ 0.001$ 291.79Discount $ -14.59ShippingGround$ 32.99Order Total $ 310.19

May be able to find it cheaper. This kit does NOT inlcude the nuts for tie rods, damper or pitman arm.