• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Trip Report II

dorkweed

I went up to Black River Falls, WI to guide some "pheasant shooters" for a member of my retriever club this past weekend. I was pleasantly surprised by the ground cover at the hunt club and by the shooting of the shooters. Anyhow, it's about 225 miles from my place to BRF. I filled up the night before I left, so I had a full tank of fuel. Probably 200 miles of that is interstate which I drove at 2000rpm or about 68mph. Once there at the hunt club there was some short driving to the leased farms to guide shooters. There was also driving to and from the guide bunk house which was about 20 miles away.Long story short, I got back Sunday afternoon, took yesterday off because of lack of sleep from the bunk house SNORERS..........I hitched the work trailer up today and went to my closest account about 11 miles away, came home and dropped the trailer, and then went to get some work supplies ( about 25 miles away ).After getting supplies; on the way back, I filled up about 3 miles from my house and had 661.5 miles on the tank of fuel and I filled her to the neck with 32.1xx gallons of fuel. The overhead "Lie-O-Meter" said my average MPG was 22.8 and the DTE when I pulled into the station was on 3. By my math, that works out to about a 20.5mpg average for that tank. I'm assuming that it was still winter diesel also. Not too shabby IMHO!!:smart:

Not bad at all... 20.5 MPG is nothing to sneeze at... Wait till you get the summer fuel with lower cetane you should be able to push that number up a bit more!

Got the fingers crossed for that!!!:hyper::hyper::thumbup2: Just gotta get the darn oil leak fixed........it's coating the truck but good!!!!:stuned: