• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Special X Pumps

blue chip diesel are a bunch of a** holes and there pumps are no better then other pumps they are an over priced company who treat people like retards all are parts are brand new bla bla bla who cares there are people i know that know a vp44 better then them clowns but i would go with industrial injection for a hot rod pump and i wanna give u A HELL YEAH on the sa 200 my faviort welder with a 3 cil perkins..... wine em dine em n pipeline em

blue chip diesel are a bunch of a** holes and there pumps are no better then other pumps they are an over priced company who treat people like retards all are parts are brand new bla bla bla who cares there are people i know that know a vp44 better then them clowns but i would go with industrial injection for a hot rod pump and i wanna give u A HELL YEAH on the sa 200 my faviort welder with a 3 cil perkins..... wine em dine em n pipeline em

yes my favorite welding machine also.i got my vp44 from MWFI and i am pleased with them.my core was lost for a week in the mail..dunno what happend...didnt charge me for the core..and one day it showed up in there hands and all is good.i have heared the same thing about II for a hrvp.

Thanks for the heads up, thats what I like is someone no afraid to speak his mind. I found this machine on a farm here in South Tx has 1800 hrs and welds sweet, oh and it is a 1991 modle that was switched to a red face barrel. All copper

I have no knowledge of if the blue chip pump is better or worse. All I say is the guy was helpful tome when I first started looking into mytruck - and didn't try and push a sale on me. He helped me diagnose a few things - and between him and moparman basically got me on the road. I do think unless you have a need for a HO or hotrod pump then they are overpriced - in the end I went with a local guy as he installed my guages/vp44 and aidog for $500 and I wasn't comfortable doing it back then - I would be now. Mostly I hear good things about bluechip - apart from the price. :) Check out JKIDD - here is a sponser here and cummins forum and ask other sponsers - you can get some good deals :)

YES, I am running a BLUECHIP X-PUMP. I installed it OCT. 2009 ( approx 5-months old) no problems, very happy with it. Service is excellent, Chip was very helpful, was even available after hours to assist me or to answer any questions.... told me every trick there was for a clean install. He even let me borrow a special tool for pulling the timing gear from IP shaft that he normally sales. This is when i first got to know MICHAEL-"MOPAR" he is the one who helped me determine , over the phone, that i had a bad VP." THANKS AGAIN MICHAEL"!!! By the way..The X-Pump is not a "HOT ROD PUMP". everything in it is OEM Bosch parts. It has a little more timing advanced, I think it is like or simular to the 245hp. H.O. that is why he tells you that if you put it on a Truck w/H.O. pump it wont make any difference. At the time I was doing my VP-replacment, I CALLED EVERY REBUILDER & ONLINE VENDOR THERE WAS AND ASKED MANY QUESTIONS BEFORE BUYING ONE FROM CHIP. HERE IS WHAT I FOUND OUT:- BLUECHIP was the 1-of 2 rebuilt pumps where the ECM on top of the pump was replaced w/new on EVERY SINGLE PUMP, reguardless of condition. "this is the cause of half the VP failures. "His ECM has a different Case to withstand heat better".- He was one of a few that automaticlly replaced the main pump housing w/the latest updated housing w/ steel sleeve for timing piston not Alum. ...Some do not replace this unless it is totally wore-out, if it shows wear within min. spec they reuse it. this is the cause for the other Half ov VP-failures.- All parts are OEM Bosch parts. If you are wanting to get off cheap, He is not the best price, there are many out there much cheaper. But if your like Me and wont a Rebuilt PUMP that has had evey know potential problem component revised or replaced w/updated parts that will result in lasting MUCH Longer than the OEM Even in HD Towing conditions, then I THINK BLUECHIP SHOULD DEFINITELY BE CONSIDERED. Regardless of who you buy one from, you should ask these questions: - Do they replace the ECM on every rebuilt pump?? - Do they replace the Main pump housing w/ latest updated version with steel sleeve insert?? - Are all parts OEM BOSCH parts?? I hope this will be of help... let us know how it turns out! Richie

YES, I am running a BLUECHIP X-PUMP. I installed it OCT. 2009 ( approx 5-months old) no problems, very happy with it. Service is excellent, Chip was very helpful, was even available after hours to assist me or to answer any questions.... told me every trick there was for a clean install. He even let me borrow a special tool for pulling the timing gear from IP shaft that he normally sales. This is when i first got to know MICHAEL-"MOPAR" he is the one who helped me determine , over the phone, that i had a bad VP." THANKS AGAIN MICHAEL"!!!

By the way..The X-Pump is not a "HOT ROD PUMP". everything in it is OEM Bosch parts. It has a little more timing advanced, I think it is like or simular to the 245hp. H.O. that is why he tells you that if you put it on a Truck w/H.O. pump it wont make any difference.

At the time I was doing my VP-replacment, I CALLED EVERY REBUILDER & ONLINE VENDOR THERE WAS AND ASKED MANY QUESTIONS BEFORE BUYING ONE FROM CHIP. HERE IS WHAT I FOUND OUT:

- BLUECHIP was the 1-of 2 rebuilt pumps where the ECM on top of the pump was replaced w/new on EVERY SINGLE PUMP, reguardless of condition. "this is the cause of half the VP failures. "His ECM has a different Case to withstand heat better".

- He was one of a few that automaticlly replaced the main pump housing w/the latest updated housing w/ steel sleeve for timing piston not Alum. ...Some do not replace this unless it is totally wore-out, if it shows wear within min. spec they reuse it. this is the cause for the other Half ov VP-failures.

- All parts are OEM Bosch parts.

If you are wanting to get off cheap, He is not the best price, there are many out there much cheaper. But if your like Me and wont a Rebuilt PUMP that has had evey know potential problem component revised or replaced w/updated parts that will result in lasting MUCH Longer than the OEM Even in HD Towing conditions, then I THINK BLUECHIP SHOULD DEFINITELY BE CONSIDERED.

Regardless of who you buy one from, you should ask these questions:

- Do they replace the ECM on every rebuilt pump??

- Do they replace the Main pump housing w/ latest updated version with steel sleeve insert??

- Are all parts OEM BOSCH parts??

I hope this will be of help... let us know how it turns out!

Richie

In reading your post a thought comes to mind that makes me question if what you were told by Bluechip Diesel was partially marketing hype.

I'm not trying to say Bluechip is good or bad, I'm just questioning the validity of everything he told you.

If all the parts used are OEM Bosch parts, How can His ECM have a different Case to withstand heat better?

Does Bosch provide him with a OEM ECM with a different case than they provide all other certified Bosch re-builders, and if so how can that be called an OEM part? Bosch supplies all certified re-builders with the same quality parts.

I'm not 100% sure just 99% but I believe that all Bosch certified re-builders are required by Bosch to replace the ECM, use the updated steel sleeve, and use Bosch supplied parts on every pump they rebuild.

If the pump already has a steel sleeve and it is within spec the re-builder is not required to replace it. I believe they are required to replace the electronics and diaphragm on every pump. Now I'm not saying there are not certified re-builders out there that don't cut corners, but they are not going to tell you they do over the phone are they?

In reading your post a thought comes to mind that makes me question if what you were told by Bluechip Diesel was partially marketing hype.

I'm not trying to say Bluechip is good or bad, I'm just questioning the validity of everything he told you.

If all the parts used are OEM Bosch parts, How can His ECM have a different Case to withstand heat better?

Does Bosch provide him with a OEM ECM with a different case than they provide all other certified Bosch re-builders, and if so how can that be called an OEM part? Bosch supplies all certified re-builders with the same quality parts.

I'm not 100% sure just 99% but I believe that all Bosch certified re-builders are required by Bosch to replace the ECM, use the updated steel sleeve, and use Bosch supplied parts on every pump they rebuild.

If the pump already has a steel sleeve and it is within spec the re-builder is not required to replace it. I believe they are required to replace the electronics and diaphragm on every pump. Now I'm not saying there are not certified re-builders out there that don't cut corners, but they are not going to tell you they do over the phone are they?