• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I got stuck in some mud the other day, went to shift into 4 wheel drive and the shifter just floats freely feels like it is not connected to anything. rear wheel drive still works fine.  is there a linkage that may have come apart or broken? and most importantly is this something i should attempt to fix with my limited mechanical ability,tools and knowledge or should i take it to a shop.  i had to be pulled out by a ford...very embarrassing!!!  Thanks in advance for any help or advice you have to offer

Use our Part number lookup tool to see how the gear select works

select the transfercase section out of the drop down, I think it is page 505 you can see the linkage parts 12,13,14,15

Should be VERY easy to crawl under the truck and figure out what's up.

Edited by Me78569