• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

About a week ago the truck started being a little difficult to start. I would try to start and have to give it a second set of cranks to get it to fire. Previously to this it would start almost instantly. No I don't have my fuel pressure gauge installed yet but do have a low pressure light on a Hobbs switch mounted on the VP. When I have difficulty starting I'm seeing the light come on a little and flicker. Never experienced that before. If I reved the motor up to 1200+ rpm pressure would stabilize. Now I don't see any visible signs of a fuel / air leak. I changed the fuel filter to see if that would help. It didn't look bad and made no difference. I know I need to get my gauge installed (waiting on the moldex plug that wasn't on the gauge when it was shipped) to really see what the fuel pressure is doing,but it does seem that I'm loosing prime? Any suggestions?

• Owner

Well on the bright side the Hobbs switch is most likely beat up from the water hammer and flickering now. My first Cummins pressure switch did that and one day it just started peeing out the top of the pressure switch... :lmao: Now as for getting a gauge on there is important to see what your run pressure and starting pressure is. Remember excessive pressure at start up time might cause issues... Then low pressure during run might of ripped the diaphram and made matter worse.